Do you know if you are on the most cost-effective tariff for your business?
Each time you set up an account you are generally asked to select an energy tariff to be associated with the National Meter Identifier (NMI). The tariff includes the fixed and variable charges, essentially the price of energy usage.
WHAT IS AN ENERGY TARIFF?
WHY REVIEW YOUR TARIFF?
Many businesses with multiple NMIs have at least one account on the wrong tariff for their energy needs. This means the retailer is essentially overcharging when other alternatives are available that are fit for purpose. In certain cases the retailer does not automatically detect your energy usage and change your tariff accordingly to the lowest possible price monthly/quarterly. The responsibility for this review is with the customer.
CASE STUDY (QUEENSLAND)
Results from a recent audit of ten horticultural businesses found five out of the ten were facing increases in costs due to key Ergon tariffs being phased out in 2021 with increases ranging from $4,000 to $28,740 per year.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN REVIEWING YOUR
ENERGY TARIFFS SIGN UP FOR AN ENERGY TARIFF REVIEW.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- A detailed review of energy billing
- Analysis of cost savings through changing energy tariffs
- Review of potential cost increased through planned tariff changes i.e. Ergon transitional tariffs
- Discussion of potential options to improve efficiency and offset potential cost increases
- 1.5 hours of dedicated phone support with an Energy Management Engineer
- Concise report that outlines finding and what to do to reduce current and future costs